Friday, January 30, 2009

A tiny lion for a lion-hearted Pope

I have to say that I was extremely touched by this moment at the General Audience on Wednesday. The Holy Father's love of cats is legendary and it was heartwarming to see the joy that the appearance of this little lion cub gave to the Holy Father.

Photo:AP/OR

Here is a link to a video of the circus performance. The lion cub appears about three quarters of the way through. Keep a look out towards the end when the Holy Father actually waves to the lion cub as it is taken away which, for me, was something of a 'lump in the throat' moment.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Fiona!

Welcome back, and with a lovely present for us all. I saw it live and had much the same reaction. Wonderful to have the link to see it again.

God bless
In Christo pro Papa

Jane said...

Panic stations: In all the kerfuffle of the past couple of weeks I've lost your email. Grrr!

Can you email me again and I promise a quick reply:
probenoit16@live.com

Hope you are not too wighed down with all these new jobs!

Will pray to hear from you soon.
Love
J